Monday, February 7, 2011

Inter Continental Chat Traffic ... Cape Town-Victoria

Dear Neil

child-soldier
sociologyiu09.wordpress.com
The damage done to these children (soldiers) ! A really pertinent human rights cause. It needs the combined force of the entire international community to perhaps make a difference but even then, to control such exploitation in distant, unknown areas is a sheer impossibility.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my daily schedule seems to get longer and longer, and time to attend to it shorter and shorter. Still, l now switch off my computer over the weekend!

The Vissershok School's volunteer IT teachers have resigned. With 5 new prefab classrooms added to the school, we hope get 12 more second-hand PCs and money for new electrics, cabling and software, so that we can move the computer room into one of the old big classrooms and teach a whole class. With only 14 computers at the moment, the classes have to be split which necessitates an IT teacher and a classroom teacher.We had a good turnover this Saturday and Sunday selling hamburgers and hotdogs at the Killarney race track, maybe that's a start.

Best regards

Gisela

cell 083 556 9818

Tel/Fax 021 557 8288.
*****************
Dear G:
Well I appreciate the frustration ... we have as of today about 90 dollars in the bank ... I cleaned it out before xmas and sent a batch of 1000 then 700 and change ... I was supposed to go to speak to a crew of students this morning but came down with a stomach flu that brought everything to a stop ... nearly ... if you know what I mean ...
 
So if I get this straight the computer volunteer teachers have quit ... but progress is being made at Vissershok school ... added class rooms etc ... and you guys did a bbq as a fund raiser ....
 
Speaking of fund raisers ... I was on the ferry on the weekend... and met an old client... actually not aged but from a number of years ago ... she has volunteered to do burlesque ... old style ... 9 (nine) comedy and dancing routines to raise money for us ...
 
So I suggest you put it to the (male) members of the club first ... smile ...
 
combat fighting in africa
long running civil wars child soldiers
sociologyiu09.wordpress.com
Can you develop for me information on your first paragraph ... I am sure there are people here in Victoria who will get on that and can be used as fund raiser ... we have kids here is some of the schools who were members of child armies were rescued can't go home so they are here being fosterd and educated ... question how many of the kids from your para one do you have in your proximity ...

Can I get more pics of Vissershok school and the progress ... last I have is the bulldozer moving dirt .... question how many of the kids from your para one do you have in your proximity ...

I told someone one time ... “you should see all the stuff God puts on my calendar ... and he said he wanted to see my calendar because he had never seen God’s handwriting before.” Smile ... there is so much to do and so little time to do it ... Will have to speak to the Space Agency to get the CIA to over fly Vissershok school and have new photos for google map ... think I stand a chance smile ...

Would like to explore this para one stuff with you ... and

Then also be able to up date Vissershok School things and identify it more clearly on the blog or separate it off  to a blog of its own ... and me just thinking out loud ... if we did that and got a following then the kids to make contributions ... anything from art to ideas for the future ... hummm there is a idea taking shape ... I have to go ... literally to appointment ... and stop at Pharmacy from stuff for flu ...

love and hugs from the other end of the earth ...

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment