Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Gift From Nick and Diane

Diane and Nick Cacciato

On Monday 15th of August ... Nick and Diane came down to Victoria from Duncan and they brought with them 2500 dollars from their wedding gifts ... this culminates a years efforts to on both Diane's and Nick's part ...  

We transferred $2674.00 to the Lions Club of Table View... and that converts to something in the order of 18,000 plus Rand ... It is Diane and Nick's gift to South Africa ... to the Lions Club of Table View and the work they do ... I am very proud of of both their efforts to raise these dollars and the efforts of the people in Cape Town to do the work they do ... with the kids ...
Here is where we collected the money
When there are people like Diane and Nick and the Members of the Lions Club who take the time to both understand a childs' predicament and then are willing to do something about it ... that is spirit in action ...

Many years ago I made a promise to a man who took the time to stop and help me ... when no one else would. I asked him how could I express my thanks for what he did, he said pass it on. So I have endeavoured to keep my promise over the years. 

Diane and Nick have both received the benefit of my promise and his actions and now they are passing it on too ... that makes my heart a warm place to be.  ndt Aug 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment